Some girls ignore the discomfort and consider it a normal phenomenon. Others immediately go to the doctor, are examined and try to understand the reasons why the lower abdomen pulls a week before the onset of menstruation. In addition to this symptom, there may be other manifestations: bloating, some pain, breast augmentation.
- When not to worry
The level of hormones that affect the menstrual cycle is constantly changing. One of the possible reasons why the lower abdomen aches and pulls for 2 weeks before the onset of menstruation - bloating: the normal functioning of the intestine depends not only on nutrition, but also on progesterone, whose production increases after ovulation. In case of intestinal disturbances and hormonal failure, peristalsis worsens, gas formation increases, and constipation occurs.
Closer to the beginning of the critical days, the amount of progesterone decreases, which is why premenstrual syndrome develops. Symptoms such as weakness, nausea, and depression are characteristic of it. Sometimes fatigue is noted, the woman constantly tends to sleep. A week before the beginning of menstruation begins to pull the stomach and lower back.
In addition, before menstruation, the body prepares for a possible conception, and the uterus swells. Due to the accumulation of fluid abdomen increases. At the same time, there is a slight electrolyte imbalance, which is not a category of pathologies.
After ovulation, most women are pulling the belly. For some, these feelings are unbearable, and you can only get rid of them with painkillers. Severe pain requires medical intervention. Their occurrence is facilitated by smoking and alcohol abuse. In addition, diseases of the nervous system can cause disorders. Pain can talk about infection, inflammation and other diseases, each of which reduces the possibility of conception and successful childbirth.
If you still have 5 days before your menstruation, and your stomach pulls up, its swelling and heaviness are noted, you should not panic. You should analyze your feelings and their intensity, and if you find strange and unusual symptoms, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Why does the stomach hurt a week before menstruation
As critical days approach, women often feel uncomfortable. One of the main complaints - pain in the lower abdomen, appearing a week before the onset of menstruation.
- What caused the pain
The main cause of discomfort - hormonal changes. In the second phase of the cycle, progesterone becomes larger, and closer to the menstruation its quantity decreases. During this period there is pain in the abdomen. If the hormone is not enough, the sensations become unbearable, and only a gynecologist will help to get rid of them.
Before menstruation, the number of endorphins decreases, resulting in pain and irritability. Another explanation why 4 days before menstruation hurts and pulls the lower abdomen - swelling of the uterus. The accumulation of fluid in the body, characteristic of the end of the cycle, disrupts the electrolytic balance, resulting in pain.
In some cases, the deterioration of health and the menstrual cycle are not related.
Discomfort is possible if there are such problems as:
- inflammation that develops due to hypothermia or inflammation,
- intestinal problems
- various injuries.
If a woman has a low back and stomach every month a week before the onset of menstruation, you need to visit a gynecologist. Only he can determine what caused these phenomena. Sometimes pain is so unbearable that it can only be resolved with the help of painkillers. Such a condition may signal pathologies of the reproductive system.
Premenstrual syndrome as a cause of pain
Some women can say with certainty when their period will begin. They determine its imminent onset by a number of symptoms: irritability, abdominal pain, poor sleep, etc. Such phenomena may be completely natural or are a sign of pathology.
If the stomach before menstruation hurts, it may be due to anatomical features. But maybe it's about the disease. Such deterioration is considered premenstrual syndrome. It is accompanied by signs such as:
- fast fatiguability,
- bad mood,
- chest pains.
- What to do with PMS
Discomfort interferes with normal life, so all women are interested in how to get rid of it. Bad habits, infections, stress, abortions can be provoking factors. Eliminate the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome will help moderate exercise, a balanced diet and proper lifestyle. If a woman feels pain before menstruation, walks on the air and calm measured life are recommended.
If premenstrual syndrome causes severe discomfort, you need to go to the gynecologist. He will refer to a survey that will reveal hidden diseases: uterine fibroids, inflammation, etc. The pain that occurs before menstruation may occur under the influence of various factors. Only a specialist can understand the situation, determine the causes of discomfort and find the right treatment.
- How to relieve PMS symptoms
Many women during the premenstrual syndrome prefer to use gentle methods for its elimination - regimen, diet, small physical exertion. Fatty, smoked and salty foods should be completely excluded from the menu. Vegetables and fruits will compensate for the deficiency of vitamins and give the body back strength. It is advisable to limit the use of coffee. To avoid overwork, it is important to normalize sleep.
The pain can be eliminated by medication and other means. Options can be varied:
- Heat - the usual hot water bottle well relaxes the uterus. It is enough to apply it to the stomach and get some rest.
- Hot bath or shower. Water calms nerve cells and relaxes all muscles.
- Acceptance of painkillers - with strong pain, a special drug will help to get rid of discomfort.
- Herbal tinctures - simple valerian can relieve pain.
- Taking birth control pills - it reduces pain and quickly cope with the discomfort that arises before menstruation, but you must first consult your doctor first.
If, 3 days before menstruation, the lower abdomen is sore and aching, gynecologists recommend following simple guidelines:
- Do exercises before menstruation - you can swim or massage the waist.
- Constantly monitor weight - overweight can cause pain.
- To change your lifestyle is to walk more, take vitamins, give up addiction.
Severe pain can not be tolerated - for any alarming symptoms, you should visit a gynecologist.
Why a week before menstruation pulls the lower abdomen
Pulls the abdomen a week before menstruation, bloating appears, light pain in many women. In addition, during this period there may be pain in the mammary glands, intense and increased in size.
Some of the women do not see anything terrible in such situations, do not sound the alarm and relate to this more than calmly. And some turn to gynecologists and endocrinologists, pass the appropriate tests, trying to find out why a week before menstruation pulls the lower abdomen, and there are other ailments.
It is necessary to consider in detail the causes of unpleasant feelings and related factors that are not a cause for concern, as well as to study in detail those that should be given due attention.
In what situations do not worry
All changes occurring in the female body at reproductive age (before menopause) are closely related to the production of hormones that regulate the entire menstrual cycle. The hormonal background of a woman is dynamic and changes continuously. The level of hormones can not be established at a certain level and does not change in any time period.
Often 2 weeks before menstruation aches and pulls the lower abdomen. And the reason for this is bloating. In addition to eating habits, a hormone such as progesterone also affects the intestines, the level of which increases in the second half of the menstrual cycle. In some women, especially in those that already have predisposing factors to disruption of the bowel, this hormonal change provokes a decrease in intestinal motility, gas retention and constipation.
Closer to the monthly level of progesterone decreases, and premenstrual syndrome may occur: headaches, fatigue, aggression, depression, nausea. Sometimes, just before the onset of menstruation, women have a need for prolonged sleep, fatigue, and a little body temperature. And still pulls the stomach a week before menstruation, quite a bit.
The reason for the increase and soreness of the abdomen before menstruation is swelling of the uterus due to the fact that the body is actively preparing for conception.
As the woman's body accumulates and retains fluid before menstruation, the abdomen may swell, creating a feeling of heaviness. There is a slight, temporary electrolyte imbalance, this is not a pathology.
Situations requiring access to a doctor
As already mentioned, during menstruation and a week after ovulation, the lower abdomen of many women, approximately 60%, is drawn. In this case, 10% of the pain is unbearable, they can be stopped only with the help of painkillers. In the presence of intense pain, a woman should seek the advice of specialists in the field of gynecology.
The reason for going to a doctor can be a loss of consciousness during menstruation and a week before they start. It is worth noting that such bad habits as smoking and alcohol abuse can contribute to the emergence of severe pain. In addition, diseases of the nervous system can be the cause of severe pain.
The pain of such intensity may indicate the presence in the female body of a “hidden” infection, an inflammatory process, as well as serious diseases that can adversely affect the possibility of conception, normal gestation and childbirth.
In the event of a slight pulling pain in the abdomen a week before the onset of menstruation, its swelling, heaviness in the lumbar region, swelling of the mammary glands should not panic. You should listen to your body, carefully analyze the intensity of this pain, and only noticing something non-standard, you should consult a doctor.
Why does the stomach ache during menstruation
To get an answer to your questions, it is necessary to determine what kind of pain forces make themselves felt during menstruation. When the pain in the lower abdomen is unbearable and recurs in each menstrual cycle, it is not necessary to resort to pain medication, but it is better to consult a doctor.
Muscle contractions of the uterus, causing muscle spasms at the bottom, are usually the cause of the pain.
belly. In gynecology, such a condition with painful menstruation is called algomenorrhea or dysmenorrhea. During contractile movements, the uterus is cleared of unnecessary particles of the endometrium, which are brought out with blood. Pain receptors located around the internal genital organs in women have different sensitivities and react differently to any contraction.
Painful periods are the result of a hormonal imbalance, in which an increase in the level of estrogen causes abundant prolonged bleeding. Violations in the hormonal level between the sex hormones and prostaglandins also cause pain. The share of prostaglandins to play a decisive role in the appearance of discomfort during menstruation, the greater their number, the stronger the contraction of the uterus and the pain becomes noticeable.
Abdominal pain for 7-10 days before menstruation
Very often, 10 days before menstruation, pain in the lower abdomen appears. The most common causes of this condition are as follows:
- Premenstrual syndrome. This cause of pain - PMS, is considered one of the most frequent. Accompanied by a similar condition in addition to painful sensations, abdominal distention, discomfort in the intestines, increased excitability and unwarranted aggressiveness. There are signs of apathy and loss of strength, fatigue.
- Decreased progesterone production. Symptoms of this violation is the appearance of aching pain in the lower abdomen.
- Endorphin Reduction. It is characterized by irritability, an unbalanced psycho-emotional state, it can manifest itself in the swelling of the breasts or a disorder in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Development of inflammation. Acute pain and the appearance of spasms can result from infections or hypothermia.
- Processes related to ovulation.
Causes of pain a week before menstruation
The appearance of pain in the lower abdomen at the beginning of the monthly cycle is due to changes in the reproductive system. During this period, a week before menstruation, follicles with an egg developing in it form in one of the ovaries. In the process of development a week before menstruation, it reaches the required size. When the egg matures and is ready for fertilization, it leaves the follicle, after breaking through its walls. At this point, the woman may feel discomfort in the abdomen.
When the follicle is damaged, slight bleeding may occur due to rupture of small vessels. Often the blood loss is so miserable that it goes unnoticed. Large bleeding with blood penetration into the abdominal cavity occurs when a large blood vessel ruptures. In these cases, a condition that is a threat to life can arise, and only the immediate help of the medical profession can save the situation. The survey will determine whether the situation is threatening, or the reason for the discomfort is the approach of menstruation.
Why the stomach hurts like during menstruation
It requires attention and the fact that menstruation ends, and the pain in the abdomen remains. The main cause of this condition, as a rule, are inflammatory diseases. Moreover, causing painful menstruation, after their termination, the painful symptoms can last for a long time. In order to find out the reasons causing the discomfort, it will be necessary to conduct a thorough examination of the body, only by the results of which it is necessary to make a correct diagnosis.
The most common causes of abdominal pain, like menses, are as follows:
Sore back and nauseous: is this normal?
Today, no one will be surprised by pain in the back and in the lumbar region. Most of this feeling
familiar almost from his youth, and suffer similar symptoms to very old age. However, it happens that such a state is not associated with a diseased spine, but serves as concomitant signs of various pathologies in the internal organs. For example, pain in the lower back and abdomen, nausea can mean the appearance of abnormalities in the development of pregnancy or inflammation occurring in the pelvis. Special attention should be paid if nausea and back pain occurs with pressure surges and high temperature.
A week before the menstruation hurts and swollen belly
The reasons for what may happen bloating a few days before menstruation, as well as felt pain in the lower abdomen - different. One of them is poor intestinal peristalsis, which occurs due to changes in the blood supply system during the preparation of the organism for the upcoming menstruation. Increased blood flow affects not only the genitals, but also the intestines, causing increased gas formation. Swelling may occur due to the growth of the endometrium in the uterus, which becomes thicker, which causes a reaction of the muscles of the abdomen.
Fluid retention, starting a week before the menstruation, becomes one of the causes of bloating in the stomach, thus the body stores up fluid before the upcoming blood loss. Abdominal distension is possible to observe with ovulation, as well as during pregnancy, when such symptoms accompany the delay of menstruation. When nausea, changes in the mammary glands, it is necessary to conduct a pregnancy test. The appearance of puffiness, abdominal distention, abdominal pain can be signs of fibroids or other tumors.
Abdominal pain and delayed menstruation
At the first signs of such a condition accompanying a delay in menstruation, it is necessary to check for pregnancy, as symptoms like these often point to it. To do this, use the pregnancy test, which today can be easily purchased at any pharmacy. Special cause for concern at this stage should not arise, since the state before the onset of menstruation is always accompanied by some painful sensations.
Could there be a pregnancy?
The characteristic pain in the lower abdomen that accompanies the delay of menstruation is quite capable of serving as the basis for the intended pregnancy. But there is also a high probability
that the delay for several days before menstruation, occurred under the influence of external factors, most likely not related to pregnancy. Это может быть и стрессовые ситуации, смена климата, перенесенные заболевания.
To confirm these assumptions in the first week, you can do a test, and then be sure to consult a gynecologist. A trip to the doctor will protect a woman from pathologically proceeding pregnancy, since ideally the beginning of pregnancy should not cause any discomfort, except nausea.
What to do if the test showed a negative result
The caused alarms can be justified if the pain in the abdomen accompanies the delay of menstruation, and the test result is negative. In this case, you need to see a doctor and be examined. You may need to pass tests and ultrasound, but only an accurate diagnosis can fully protect against further development of the inflammatory process. Also cause fears and symptoms that may accompany this condition in the form of an unpleasant odor, unusual discharge or difficulty urinating.
What to do if in 7 days brown discharge appeared
This can happen without the presence of pathological disorders in the body, especially if it occurs once and does not recur. Brown discharge may be for a few
days before menstruation and indicate the upcoming menstruation. The first days of the month may begin with a brownish discharge, which eventually takes on a normal color.
Such changes in the color of the discharge may indicate implantation, which occurs 7 days before the menstrual period. Some pathologies, such as cervical erosion, also contribute to discoloration of secretions. When brownish discharge is detected after menstruation and lasts no more than three days, it is considered the norm. If this continues for more than 7 days, you need to visit a doctor.
Abdominal pain and bloody discharge
Discharge with blood and abdominal pain are often signs of diseases of the internal organs. This may be due to the following factors:
- use of hormonal contraceptives,
- development of ectopic pregnancy
- the occurrence of uterine bleeding,
- inflammation in the cervical canal,
- hormonal changes,
Uterine bleeding can occur due to fibroma, endometritis, various erosions and cervical cancer. May be a symptom of adenomyosis or inflammation in the appendages. Hormonal contraceptives can cause abdominal pain, accompanied by bleeding, but they pass within the first 2-3 months.
When to visit a doctor
In some cases, there are situations when you need to get answers to your questions. A doctor should be consulted in cases of bloody discharge before each month, as well as in their abundance and a sharp unpleasant odor. The change in the color of discharge, the consistency unusual in the earlier form of foam or coagulated milk, should also be the reason for the visit to the specialists. Anxiety is also caused by cases when, during a single cycle, secretions occur several times, and also continue more than 7 days after menstruation.
Causes of abdominal pain a week before menstruation
All changes in the female body in the reproductive age depend on the production of hormones during this period. The hormonal background of a woman is constantly changing. In the second half of the menstrual cycle, progesterone levels rise sharply. In some women with existing predisposing factors for intestinal dysfunction, hormonal imbalances provoke:
• decrease in intestinal motility up to atony,
These are causes of abdominal pain a week before menstruation.
Algomenorreya - one of the main reasons
Algomenorrhea - this generic term in gynecology refers to a widespread abnormality in which pain is disturbed during menstruation and there is a disorder in menstrual function.
According to statistics, there is every second woman. Manifested by pain in the abdomen a week before menstruation. The nature of the pain - pulling or cramping. Continue throughout the cycle.
Algomenorrhea is primary or secondary.
The causes of primary algomenorrhea are:
abnormal uterus location (possibly the location of the perperbed),
intrauterine contraception (spiral),
low prostaglandin count.
Secondary algomenorrhea occurs due to:
inflammatory processes in the female genital organs,
Secondary algomenorrhea is often accompanied by:
When algomenorrhea suffers mood and performance: it is accompanied by weakness and depression.
Premenstrual syndrome - the cause of abdominal pain
Reduction of estrogen and progesterone immediately before menstruation is accompanied by abdominal pain, a simultaneous increase and soreness of the mammary glands, decreased mood, irritability.
If progesterone levels are very low during this period, the pain and discomfort in the abdomen is further aggravated.
With the approach of menstruation, the level of progesterone decreases, and this is manifested by PMS (premenstrual syndrome), the symptoms of which are:
Just before menstruation appear:
The pains of the premenstrual period and the pain, the source of which may be the intestine, differ in nature:
PMS is manifested by dull aching pulling pains in the abdomen,
with intestinal pathology - spasmodic pain, accompanied by flatulence, rumbling, bloating,
Physiological causes of pain
Another reason for abdominal pain a week before menstruation is an increase and swelling of the uterus before menstruation: the uterus is being prepared for conception.
In addition, before menstruation, there is a delay and accumulation of fluid in the body, which leads to a slight increase in the abdomen and heaviness in the abdomen. There is a change in the water - electrolyte balance, which also provokes the appearance of pain.
Sometimes the causes of abdominal pain a week before menstruation are associated with late ovulation. This is the most harmless pain.
Ovulatory pains are constantly experienced by 20% of women. These pains can appear when a cycle is established, and then do not disturb, or vice versa. Ovulatory pains appear a week (sometimes two) before the start of menstruation. They are localized in the lower abdomen, but in most cases - right or left, depending on the location of the egg. They arise as a result of a rupture of the follicle and minor bleeding, which, falling on the abdominal wall, irritates it, causing pain. Ovulatory pain does not belong to the pathological. It is rather a feature of the female body. In order to be completely confident in this, you should still visit a gynecologist.
Acyclic pains are not associated with menstruation, but they are long and do not stop by ordinary means. The reasons are:
congestion in the pelvis
varicose veins of the pelvis,
The pathology of other organs can be a source of acyclic pain:
osteoarthritis and others
With uterine myoma, the chest may be poured, edemas appear, weak abdominal pains appear in the stomach, which disappear just as suddenly as they began.
Pregnancy - the cause of abdominal pain
Pregnancy is often one of the causes of pain, the cause is an increase in the tone of the uterus. Soreness on the right and left accompanies an ectopic pregnancy: the narrow lumen of the fallopian tubes prevents the fertilized egg from entering the uterus. It is implanted into the pipe wall. In such cases, a delay occurs, and pain from the lower abdomen often radiates to the rectum. If pain is aggravated, nausea, dizziness, weakness or loss of consciousness is necessary, it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately, because if a pipe is ruptured, the treatment is only surgical.
Other causes of pain
In many cases, when the stomach hurts a week before menstruation, it is completely unrelated to the menstrual cycle, but has other reasons:
inflammation in the pelvis of an infectious nature or after hypothermia,
various bowel diseases
If abdominal pains shortly before menstruation occur regularly and are so severe that you have to take painkillers - this is not the norm. You must consult with your doctor to determine the causes and the appointment of adequate treatment.
The cause of intense pain can be a violation in the reproductive organs.
The appearance of pain in the lower abdomen also lead to:
Wrong lifestyle (alcohol, smoking)
intrauterine device as a means of contraception,
pathology of the pelvic organs, including uterine misalignment,
injuries (abortions and childbirth),
low level of endorphins
When is a gynecologist's consultation necessary?
If the body first appeared changes that were not previously observed - this is the reason for going to the doctor:
with the duration of pain more than 7 days,
with heavy bleeding that accompanies pain,
at the same time the temperature rises
several periods with short breaks for one month
painless menstruation in the past
suspicion of pregnancy
fainting in the period before or after PMS.
Such pains can be a manifestation of:
latent infection in the genital organs,
What to do if your stomach hurts a week before menstruation
If it is determined that the stomach hurts a week before menstruation due to hormonal disorders (inflammatory diseases and infections are excluded), the following methods can be applied:
Do not be nervous, relax, sleep.
Use heat: a hot water bottle or hot water bottle attached to the stomach can soothe the pain by relaxing the uterus.
Take a warm bath or shower - it will have a relaxing effect on all muscles and calming the nervous system.
Make a light massage in the place of pain.
Take painkillers before relieving pain. Some experts recommend starting reception a few days before the start of the menstrual cycle.
You can take a tincture of medicinal herbs with a sedative effect, valerian, Corvalol.
Eat right: include in the diet the maximum amount of fruit, water without gas. To exclude smoking, alcohol, reduce the use of coffee, spicy, fried, smoked food.
Exercise - it strengthens blood vessels and normalizes blood circulation.
Taking contraceptives that significantly reduce pain, in some cases, completely relieve pain. Oral contraceptives effectively reduce PMS.
To prevent and reduce pain arising in the lower abdomen a week before menstruation, it is necessary to reduce nerve loads and stresses.
Apply vitamins and minerals.
If an inflammatory disease has been identified, it is urgently necessary to treat it in order to avoid further complications.
If you suspect a pregnancy, you need to do a test and if a positive result is obtained, consult a doctor, since a high uterus tone can lead to a spontaneous miscarriage. In an ectopic pregnancy, a catastrophe may occur in the form of a rupture of the fallopian tube, accompanied by bleeding.
Therefore, the question: what to do if the stomach hurts a week before menstruation, there is a definite answer. Consultation of a gynecologist is necessary to exclude a serious pathology and immediate treatment when it is detected. With a trip to a specialist can not pull, so do not miss the time. And you should always carefully listen to your body - this will help avoid many diseases.
Characteristic of pain
The reason and the impetus for abdominal pain a week before menstruation may be various factors.
Often at this time during normal operation of the body may appear light, unobtrusive pain, which lasts a short time.
With a strong discomfort, which appears constantly and for a long time, and also interferes with normal work and life, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
After the diagnosis, the doctor may indicate the exact reason that a woman may have.
Severe abdominal pain a few days before menstruation may indicate problems in the body. Most often the stomach hurts with diseases that indicate gynecological defects.
It is with this kind of pathology that a woman experiences discomfort before menstruation and during their course.
The pain appears in about half of women, and is also considered the norm that accompanies menstruation.
But this may be an additional symptom to inflammation in the uterus, as well as inside the mucosa or infection of the urogenital system.
To provide high-quality and effective treatment, it is necessary to eliminate the cause of the abnormalities first, and then begin to deal with the disease.
In some cases, women feel a pulling pain in the lower abdomen. As a rule, the symptom manifests itself a few days before the menstruation, but passes only after menstruation.
Pain in the nature of the manifestation is different, strong, long or short, pulling, sharp, etc. More often the stomach hurts with the pulling, aching character of manifestation.
In some cases, the syndrome may appear to manifest itself in the intestinal region.
Along with pain, nausea, loss of strength, headaches, and general suppression are possible. Women experiencing discomfort can not work normally, the mood is much worse.
There are a number of reasons why the stomach hurts for a week, two weeks or a few days. The main ones are presented in the list:
- Discomfort a week before menstruation in the lower abdomen occurs due to a malfunctioning of the intestines or problems in the area of the uterus, where seals may appear.
- Before menstruation, hormones in women are greatly reduced, due to which the rate of the hormone of happiness and pleasure also decreases. Such changes have a bad effect on the body, the stomach hurts below, discomfort in the area of the mammary glands is possible, the mood becomes melancholic. In rare cases, intestinal upset is possible.
- How many people, how many and problems, some girls suffer from premenstrual syndrome. Such a phenomenon affects the general condition, mood and emotions. The appearance is possible a few days before menstruation.
- If you are injured or resectable in the pelvic area, in the abdomen, namely the bottom, there may be spasms. The similar phenomenon can be reflected in intestines.
- Abdominal pain can be from inflammatory processes that occur due to infections, hypothermia. From such causes in the stomach severely hurts, cuts, spasms are possible.
- Symptoms that occur a week before menstruation with a short-term nature, say about late ovulation. A failure occurs due to a cycle violation.
It is not always possible to recognize the source of discomfort, because the sensations can be in the stomach, but in fact they appear in the intestine.
For example, with intestinal problems, the symptoms are sharp and strong in nature, spasms appear. Symptoms additionally include bloating, gas separation. A few days before the monthly sensations are aching, pulling.
In some cases, for a week, the girls begin to pull the lower back, discomfort appears in the stomach, and menstruation does not begin.
Such a manifestation indicates a failure of the cycle, the functioning of the ovaries, as well as inflammation in the area of the uterus. Sometimes the delay manifests itself as a hormonal failure.
With constant sexual life, pregnancy is possible, but if it is really pregnancy, then the uterus should remain in good shape.
Pregnancy is accompanied by nagging pain, and there is a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen. It is recommended to consult a doctor, since all the symptoms and the tone of the uterus can cause miscarriage.
If these symptoms are not a pregnancy, then it will be necessary to identify the real cause and eliminate it.
Delay does not always indicate pregnancy, in some cases the cause is the usual life factors:
- Climate change.
- Incubation period after illness.
To make sure, it is recommended to do a pregnancy test during the week, then go to the doctor. As a rule, pregnancy does not cause uncomfortable situations, with the exception of toxicosis.
When you can not worry
In women, hormonal changes often occur, they are unstable and unstable, their level often changes. One week before menstruation, discomfort often appears.
During menstruation, the rate of progesterone is greatly increased, due to which there is an effect on the intestines.
In the presence of problems with the intestines, gas formation occurs, constipation, maybe a stomach ache.
Almost any girl, woman experiencing premenstrual syndrome:
- Perhaps falling into depression.
- Lower abdominal pain.
- Fast fatiguability.
Such symptoms are provoked by uterus swelling, so the body signals that you can conceive a child. All the signs described do not indicate diseases, so there is no need to worry.
Additionally, the body fails water-salt balance.
When you need to worry
It happens that a week before the monthly pain can not be tolerated, they are so strong that the girls take pills in order to relieve the sensation.
If the stomach hurts a week before menstruation, then you do not need to use your own pills, because this is a signal that you need to consult a gynecologist.
The main symptoms when you need to worry and be sure to do an examination with a doctor:
- The stomach hurts, and the periods proceed for 7 and more days.
- Discomfort is complemented by copious blood flow.
- The temperature rises.
- Within a month, several menses occur at once, in which there is a short period of time.
- Before the period and during their course there were no problems, nothing hurt.
- Possible pregnancy.
Another reason when you need to see a doctor is a loss of consciousness for a week and a few days before your period.
It must be remembered that bad habits, a wrong way of life, diseases of the nervous system can cause severe pain.
This suggests infection, inflammation, and diseases along the female line that can affect reproductive performance and gestation during pregnancy.
During heavy bleeding, damage can be caused to internal organs, which occurs as a result of:
- Use of hormonal contraceptives.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Uterine bleeding.
- Changes at the hormonal level.
If the stomach hurts a week before menstruation, but the intensity is weak, the character is aching, the chest increases, then there should be no place for panic.
You should be attentive to the body and listen to every change. If the manifestation is non-standard, consult a doctor immediately.
Treatment and Prevention
To date, the options for cupping unpleasant sensations are so many that they cannot be listed. They are medicamentous and others, and among the frequencies used, the following can be distinguished:
- Apply heat. Type in warm water in a bottle, use heating pads or baths to relax the uterus. It is enough to apply heat to the stomach and lie down for a while.
- Use painkillers. It is recommended that you take a pill during and before your period, the doctor just ascribes. "No-shpa" is best suited, but other painkillers can be used.
- Relax the nervous system. For this, tea or herbal-based decoction is used. Even valerian can reduce discomfort.
When using pills, doctors recommend that you spend some time on yourself and just lie under a blanket until the symptoms go away.
For headaches, abdominal symptoms, you can use not only No-shpu, but other well-known pills - Ibuprofen, Nurofen. Dosage should be up to 400 mg per day.
During the menstruation itself and with severe pain, you can use candles to help remove inflammation. These candles include "Diclofenac."
A week before menstruation with the presence of pain is recommended:
- Make a visit to the doctor who can identify the cause and prescribe treatment or prevention.
- Try not to get into stressful situations, rest more, sleep normally.
- Take baths with esters.
- Observe the correct diet. In the diet, you need to add more fruits and vegetables, and drink only water without gas. To refuse before menstruation and while from alcohol, smoking, to reduce the consumption of coffee, spicy and roasted.
- Apply light massages in the area of pain.
If discomfort appears 3 days before the beginning of the month, you can use the following preventive recommendations:
- Do gymnastics exercises. Perfect swimming, as well as lumbar massage.
- To control its own weight, because those extra pounds can provoke discomfort.
- Change your lifestyle: walk outside more often, drink vitamins and eat fortified, wholesome foods.
Severe pain should not be tolerated, but if it is light, aching and does not appear in a week, but in 1-3 days, then this is normal and should not be worried.
Ectopic pregnancy as a cause of lower abdominal pain
Most people know that ectopic pregnancy can be the cause of severe and acute lower abdominal pain. To find out at home whether this is true, you need to buy a pregnancy test. If the result shows two strips, you should immediately contact the doctor. When the test is negative, it is worth continuing to search for the problem. Although it is necessary to take into account the fact that with an ectopic pregnancy, the test does not always show the correct result. And if this is the first delay, the result will definitely be negative.
Many women mark their monthly schedule on the calendar in order to understand whether their organism is in order and if there are any deviations. This is a very good way to monitor your health. You do not have to remember when the last discharge went away and think about pregnancy, throw out money for another test, and when you see that it is negative, remember that your period should be only after a couple of days.
Lower abdominal pain 7-10 days before menstruation
It is quite possible that about 7-10 days before menstruation a pain may appear in the lower abdomen. What is the reason and how to get rid of this pain? First of all, you need to understand how strong this pain is. If it is unbearable, you should not self-medicate and drink painkillers. In this case, you need to call an ambulance and ask for help from a specialist.
Causes of lower abdominal pain 7-10 days before menstruation
- PMS. The most common cause of abdominal pain 7-10 days before the onset of menstruation is considered PMS (premenstrual syndrome). These days, a woman experiences discomfort in the intestinal area, bloating occurs, a depressed sleepiness is observed, irritability and aggressiveness appear, and appetite increases.
- Reduced progesterone levels. Manifested in the form of aching arching pain in the lower abdomen.
- Low levels of endorphins. A woman becomes irritable, there is swelling of the mammary glands, sometimes intestinal upset.
- Inflammatory processes. Owing to infectious diseases, as well as hypothermia, there is aching, cutting and abdominal pain with spasms.
- Diseases of the pelvic organs. There are abdominal pains of various nature.
- Ovulation. Approximately 10% of women 6-10 days after ovulation, lower abdominal pain is so severe that it is impossible to do without medication.
Why the stomach hurts and there is a delay of menstruation
It often happens that there is pain in the abdomen, the whole body aches, there is a feeling that menses are about to begin, but they are not. The reasons for this behavior of the organism can be varied.
- Hormonal failure in the body,
- Inflammatory processes in the genitals,
- Ovarian disease,
- Cycle violation
It is usually hard to guess why the menstruation is delayed, so it’s best to do a pregnancy test and if the result is negative, you need to contact a specialist.
If the test shows a negative result.
Practice proves that many women do the test before the delay of menstruation. For example, 10 days before menstruation, a stomach ache. “Isn't it a pregnancy? Or maybe miscarriage? What if an ectopic pregnancy? ”- the first thing that comes to mind and everyone immediately runs to the pharmacy to buy another test. And when they see a negative result, calm down. It is necessary to know that in the early stages the test will not show in which position the woman. It does not matter how many times to do it and there is no difference what kind of he is. Therefore, you need to look for other causes of pain.
How to get rid of pain in the abdomen a week before menstruation
The first idea that usually occurs to us is to take a pill. But there is no need to self-medicate, drink antibiotics and painkillers. All this can adversely affect health. If you have a stomach ache a week before your period, you should:
- Visit the gynecologist. He will say if there is a disease, he will give the correct prescription of treatment.
- Do not be nervous, relax, sleep.
- Take a relaxing shower with special essential oils.
- Eat right. In the diet should be a lot of fruit, non-carbonated water. Say a solid “No!” To alcohol, cigarettes, drink less coffee, eat fried and spicy foods.
- Make a light relaxing massage in the area where the stomach hurts.
When the stomach hurts before the onset of menstruation, it is necessary to calculate how many days are left before the onset of menstruation. If there is still a whole week ahead, it is better to visit a gynecologist. When the pain is insignificant and before the beginning of the "red days" 1-2 days - this is normal.
Soreness in the abdomen and chest begins a week before menstruation, increases during menstruation and continues after. What are the causes of cramping pain during? Pulling pains in the lower abdomen in the uterus after.
ovulatory pain a few weeks before menstruation, various cycle disorders - MQD (dysfunctional uterine. Primary dysmenorrhea is the main cause of pain in the lower abdomen in young girls, which occurs at.
Causes of pain
The following pathologies may cause aching pain in the lower abdomen before menstruation:
- hormonal imbalance
- PMS - premenstrual syndrome,
- postoperative adhesions,
- inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs.
If you feel uncomfortable sensations that were not previously observed, it is necessary to immediately consult a doctor. This may be a symptom of a serious illness.
The process of ovulation usually occurs 2 weeks before the beginning of the month, but deviations are often observed. When an egg cell matures in the follicle, it breaks, and the cell begins to move along the fallopian tubes to the uterus.
This process can be accompanied by slight pain on the left or right lower abdomen and the appearance of scanty bloody discharge of dark brown or black color. The intensity of pain depends on the degree of bleeding and the individual characteristics of the organism. Symptoms persist up to 2 days.
This condition is not a pathology, and therefore does not require any treatment. On the contrary, it confirms the normal functioning of the reproductive system. If the pain persists for more than 2 days, there are heavy bleeding, the body temperature has increased, you need to consult a gynecologist.
Relieve the condition with the help of painkillers. These days it is necessary to reduce physical exertion, rest more.
A hormonal imbalance can also be the reason that women have a severe stomach ache due to menstruation. Progesterone is the hormone of the corpus luteum of the ovaries, which helps the fertilized egg to gain a foothold on the wall of the uterus, prevents the body from contracting and is responsible for its growth during the onset of pregnancy.
Normally, progesterone levels should increase on the 15th day of the menstrual cycle, when the egg cell leaves the follicle, which means that the girl is ready to bear the child. If a hormone deficiency is observed, the uterus continues to contract, and the embryo cannot consolidate on its walls, a miscarriage occurs.
Symptoms of insufficient progesterone production:
- swelling of the mammary glands,
- heavy intermenstrual bleeding,
- aching pain in the abdomen before menstruation,
- more menstruation,
- cycle violations
- swelling of the face
- mood swings.
Infectious diseases of the reproductive organs, hormonal drugs, uterine bleeding can cause a decrease in progesterone levels.
Endorphins are chemical compounds that are produced in the brain and control the function of the endocrine glands. In another they are called "hormones of happiness." The production of endorphins occurs in response to a stressful situation and the appearance of pain.
The lack of endorphins causes the following conditions:
- worsening of mood, irritability,
- apathy, depression,
- pain threshold reduction
- any disease with a protracted course.
Against the background of endorphin deficiency, the pain is felt much more than usual, the person is constantly in a depressed state. To increase the production of the hormone, competent therapy is needed, which can be prescribed by an endocrinologist and a psychotherapist.
Often the stomach hurts due to menstruation due to inflammation of the appendages - andexitis. It is an infectious disease caused by pathogenic bacteria, most often chlamydia and gonococci.
The main symptoms of andexitis:
- severe lower abdominal pain
- violation of the menstrual cycle,
- decrease in sexual desire
- painful intercourse,
- yellow discharge with an unpleasant odor.
With the development of andexitis, pain appears 7–10 days before the beginning of menstruation and persists until the last day. May increase the amount of bleeding. At the advanced stages, the pain syndrome is present all the time, giving to the lower back, hips, and perineum.
The effects of surgery
After carrying out gynecological or operations on other organs of the small pelvis, adhesions may form. This leads to disruption of the menstrual cycle. The pain appears a week or a few days before the onset of menstruation, discomfort causes scar tissue, and the opening of the cervix is difficult. The uterus can not normally stretch and contract, it affects the nerve endings and causes aching pain.
Spikes can also cause a change in the shade of bleeding during menstruation, the secret becomes scarce, smearing dark brown.
Atypical pain can be caused by diseases of the urinary system, bowel or spine. A characteristic feature is the duration of pain. The causes of acyclic pain are the following pathologies:
- acute cystitis
- oncological tumors
- urolithiasis disease,
- neuralgia of the sciatic nerve,
- spinal disorders
- pelvic veins.
It does not always hurt the stomach due to menstruation, the cause may be diseases of other organs that are in close proximity to the uterus and ovaries.
When to visit a doctor
Pains on the eve of menstruation should not cause concern if they are caused by ovulation. This is a natural process that accompanies the maturation of the egg. Visit the gynecologist is necessary in the following cases:
- the pain is too intense
- body temperature rises
- copious bloody discharge or, on the contrary, too meager, spotting,
- pain does not go away after the end of menstruation,
- discharge has an unpleasant smell
- increased the duration of critical days,
- violation of the menstrual cycle,
- suspicion of pregnancy
If the cause of the pain is unknown, a doctor should be visited to determine the diagnosis and treatment. The gynecologist will conduct an examination, prescribe the necessary laboratory tests, an ultrasound scan.
Ways to eliminate lower abdominal pain
Analgesics will help to relieve acute spasms. You can take No-shpu, Ibuprofen, Spazmalgon, Papaverin. Do not choose anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics. The disease may become chronic or lead to the development of severe complications. In addition, after the pills, the symptoms may be blurred, and it will be difficult for the doctor to correctly diagnose.
With severe pain associated with menstruation, it is recommended to lie down in order to relax the abdominal muscles. Tea with chamomile and melissa will help to calm down a little. You can briefly apply a hot water bottle to your stomach. These days you should change the diet, eliminate fatty, fried, salty foods and try not to overeat. Crowded intestines exert additional pressure on the uterus and ovaries.
The stomach may ache a week before menstruation for various reasons. This gynecological and urinary, nervous, digestive system. To determine the correct diagnosis, you need to visit a doctor and be examined. Early treatment reduces the risk of severe complications.
My monthly stomach always hurts for a week. Not very nice, but did not try to fight. Moreover, it is not the whole day right in a week, but it can be a couple of hours a day and that's all. And maybe then the day does not get sick and a day later. I just try to get distracted during such periods and not get hung up on pain. Lying down is a good combination with watching a good movie. Thank God, I have no other PMS symptoms.
Pulling the lower abdomen in a woman
Causes of pain in the lower abdomen can be pathological and physiological.
Pathological reasons include the following:
acute or chronic inflammation of the bladder,
- inflammation of the appendages,
- inflammation of the uterus,
- venereal diseases,
- congenital anomalies of the reproductive system,
- diverticulitis and others.
Among the physiological causes most often provoke pain in the lower abdomen of a pulling nature, such as:
- psycho-emotional shock
- premenstrual syndrome,
- sexual intercourse,
Having studied more than one women's forum, we were able to identify a number of questions on this topic, which are most often asked by women. We propose to consider them.
Why pulls the lower abdomen in the middle of the cycle during ovulation?
Ovulation is a physiological process that consists in breaking the follicle and leaving the egg from the ovary into the abdominal cavity. The beginning of the ovulation period falls in the middle of the menstrual cycle - this is approximately 14-15 days. The severity and duration of pain during ovulation depends on the threshold of pain sensitivity: some women have a painful tolerance, and some - very much. There is also an increase in pain during and after sexual contact.
The reason that pulls the abdomen during ovulation is the rupture of the follicle, as well as stretching of the ligamentous apparatus of the ovaries, which occurs due to changes in hormonal levels and active blood flow to the appendages.
Almost always, the pain is one-sided, that is, it squeezes the lower abdomen to the left or right, depending on which ovary the egg came from.
Also, the pain during ovulation may also indicate an inflammatory process of the appendages, therefore, with a sufficiently intense pain syndrome, it will not be superfluous to consult a specialist, a gynecologist.
How many days before menstruation increases the belly?
The abdomen begins to increase in size before menstruation in women individually: ranging from 1.5-2 weeks to 2-3 days. It depends on the presence of factors:
- Body type. The man is thin, full or normal build.
- Physical training. Pumped up abdominals or weak.
- The elasticity of the uterine muscles. Usually after childbirth weakens. Special gymnastics is needed to bring the pelvic floor muscles back to normal.
In young sports girls, before and during menstruation, the stomach does not increase, while in obese women who give birth and women who have given birth, swelling is observed, a weight gain of 2-3 kg is possible. This is a natural reaction of the body, do not be afraid. For 2-3 days of bloody discharge waist volume, weight return to normal.
The menstrual cycle of women is a complex process, accompanied by monthly hormonal changes in the body during the childbearing period. Changes are associated with the level of three hormones: prolactin, progesterone, estrogen. The level of estrogen increases by the time of ovulation, gradually decreasing, with progesterone, on the contrary: the maximum amount occurs at the onset of bleeding. Premenstrual syndrome causes a decrease in estrogen levels while increasing progesterone.
- Endometrial growth. The female hormone responsible for preparing the body to conceive and nurturing a child is called progesterone. It stimulates the growth of the endometrium (mucous membrane inside the uterus), which has a porous structure consisting of many blood vessels. Through the vessels, the substances necessary for the development come to the embryo. So the body is preparing for conception. The uterus swells, acting on the intestines, the size of the abdominals increases. If the pregnancy has not occurred, the reverse process is initiated. The shell exfoliates, during menstruation with the blood leaves the body, the compression of neighboring organs passes, the size of the uterus returns to normal.
- Puffiness. These same hormones cause the female body to accumulate excess water in the tissues of the abdominal cavity, arms, legs, face. In case of blood loss, it helps to avoid dehydration and, by processing, the liquid enters the blood.
- Ovulation. Often the stomach begins to swell during ovulation. A strong hormonal surge occurs, to which the body reacts with pain, bloating, and meteorism.
In the period after ovulation to the bleeding, blood flow to the uterus and ovaries increases. They begin to inflate, squeezing the intestinal wall, causing spasms. Food moves unevenly, forming air partitions. The woman's hums, puchitis belly, begins a strong gas, upset stool. After menstruation, everything returns to normal.
A slight swelling in the waist area does not interfere with everyday life, but if the stomach before menstruation swells up strongly, constantly growls, hurts, it speaks of hidden human diseases:
- Diseases of the digestive tract. Colitis and gastroduodenitis are often chronic, sometimes manifesting acute attacks of pain. Blood and water, accumulated in the abdominal cavity, put pressure on the internal organs, provoking the exacerbation of diseases. Gases inflate the intestines, causing cramps, nausea, flatulence, problems with defecation. Probably severe pain in the lower abdomen, near the navel.
- Genitourinary system. When kidney disease fluid is constantly retained in the body, and when menstruation occurs, the frequency of urination decreases significantly. An increase in the abdomen is accompanied by: swelling of the legs, arms, facial contours. Sacks appear under the eyes, constant dull pains in the back. There is drowsiness, lethargy, heart palpitations. Blood pressure rises.
- Gynecological diseases. The symptom of "acute abdomen" is considered a sign of female diseases, which are characterized by severe pain and cramps, giving in the anus, lower back:
- inflammation of the ovaries, uterus,
- adhesions in the pelvic organs,
- chronic oophoritis,
- ovarian cyst
- neoplasm: uterine myoma. This benign tumor can develop into a malignant one. The presence of fibroids is characterized by a rounded tummy, as in pregnancy, then there is severe pain, the menstruation may stop. When myoma should be under the constant supervision of a gynecologist, once a year to be examined.
Thanks to the hormone progesterone, which acts on the nervous system, almost all women begin to experience hunger a week before menstruation. They eat a lot, become nervous, irritable.
To cheer up, you want to experience joy, to have fun. The easiest way to get rid of a depressive state is to eat deliciously. And everything tasty, as a rule, high-calorie or salty, leads to fluid retention, the appearance of a round abdomen.
PMS and the hormonal imbalance associated with it adversely affect the female will. If usually many people limit themselves to eating, refuse to sweets, then here women give up slack.
Large amounts of food at this time are poorly digested, food masses stagnate in the intestines. The result is flatulence and bloating.
Constantly engage in available sports: aqua aerobics, swimming, dancing, exercising at the gym, jogging. During menstruation, a heavy load is not welcome, it is better to walk long distances. During walking, gases from the intestines and gastrointestinal tract are excreted much faster. Lie only if you feel unwell. Download the press, do exercises to strengthen the muscles of the back.
Proper nutrition is one of the main ways to combat bloating. Before menstruation, it is desirable to reduce portions of food, to increase the number of meals. Limit or completely abandon the harmful food and foods that provoke flatulence.
- Eat less salt. During PMS, as during pregnancy, pulls on salty. Sodium retains water in the body, increases the load on the heart and hematopoietic system, increases puffiness.
- Limit sugar intake. All the sweetness in the body is converted into glucose, which holds sodium in the body.
- Drink water. It improves digestion, helps fight constipation, removes toxins from the body.
- Exclude tea, coffee, alcohol and carbonated drinks. They promote bloating.
- Drink herbal teas from mint and decoctions of chamomile, lingonberry, cranberry. They reduce pain, remove excess fluid from the body.
- Eat foods rich in fiber. They help fight constipation.
- Observe the measure. At the use of large volumes gas formation, abdominal distention begins. A lot of fiber is found in cabbage, bran, beans, beans, mushrooms.
- Temporarily exclude from the diet dairy products, increasing the manifestations of flatulence repeatedly.
- Take a complex preparation containing vitamins of group B, potassium, magnesium. They are responsible for digestion, strengthening of blood vessels and calm the nerves.
Before the beginning of the month, take a warm soothing bath. It is allowed to add sea salt, a few drops of fennel or black pepper essential oil, a decoction of valerian herbs, pine needles, mint, sage. Baths help to relax, promote healthy sleep, strengthen the nervous system.
Sex is good for the body. To improve health and mood, doctors recommend having sex before menstruation. It helps blood circulation in the pelvic area, a beneficial effect on the female body.
When you increase the abdomen for natural reasons, you should not try to tighten it with a corset or dragging underwear. Strong pressure results in severe pain due to circulatory disorders, increased puffiness, bowel spasms, flatulence. It is better not to tighten the belly, and wear loose clothing.
With an increase in the volume of the abdomen, take medications depending on the cause of bloating:
- If the main symptom is tension, pain, spasms of the intestine and uterus, then antispasmodics help well: 1-2 tablets No-shpy, Spazmalgona, Drotaverina.
- If the stomach is very puffy, use the carminative drugs: Disflatilom, Espumizanom, Antarite.
- If there is meteorism, a violation of the chair, nausea - use chelators: Smekta, Polyphepanum, activated carbon.
Taking the medicine can not be abused. Better consult with the gynecologist.
Abdominal distention occurs in 75% of women. This is a normal reaction of the body to hormonal changes in the period of premenstrual syndrome and menstruation. If the symptoms of PMS do not go away, contact a specialist, conduct a comprehensive examination. After treatment of concomitant diseases, if you follow the preventive rules, a slight increase in the waist will be noticeable only a couple of days at the beginning of the month.
Every woman is familiar with recurrent lower abdominal pains. Appear before menstruation or during menstruation. Often women complain that in the middle of the cycle a stomach ache. Pulling pain occurs for several reasons, the main - the onset of ovulation.
Ovulation occurs every month. At this point, the egg leaves the ovary. The period of maturation of the egg is considered a favorable moment for conceiving a child. The regular menstrual cycle depends on the time and availability of ovulation.
Statistics show that the majority of the fair sex do not know when it is the time of release of the egg. In a healthy woman, this is usually the middle of the cycle. During this period, basal body temperature rises. There are minor pain in the lower abdomen, swelling of the mammary glands. To clarify the beginning of ovulation is recommended to make a special test (sold in a pharmacy).
Pain in the abdomen during ovulation occurs due to rupture of the ovarian follicle, the mature egg is released. The release process takes a few minutes. But the sensations can last up to several days. The reason for that is rupture of blood vessels and minor bleeding.
Localization of pain depends on the location of the ovary, where the egg came from. It has a diverse nature: it can be either pulling or sharp. The duration of pain is affected by:
- The presence of adhesions of the fallopian tubes,
- Inflammation in the pelvic organs.
To identify the cause of pain in the middle of the cycle can only gynecologist.
It is difficult to establish the exact moment when the egg leaves the ovary. A woman will need some time to observe her own body, to measure the basal temperature.
Measure it immediately after waking up. A mercury thermometer is inserted into the anus. Before ovulation, the temperature standard is 36.4-36.7. At the time of release of the egg, the temperature will rise to 37-37.3 degrees, hold out until the beginning of the next menstrual period. The method allows you to accurately determine the date of onset of ovulation. For safety recommend to make a test.
It is important to establish the duration of the menstrual cycle. It is considered from the first day of the month to the next. The length of the cycle of each woman is individual. The norm is the duration of 28 - 35 days.
Ovulation is accompanied by symptoms:
- Mood swings
- Increased sexual desire
- Abundant clear vaginal discharge,
- Heavyness in the mammary glands.
Medical treatment does not require ovulation. Slight pain sensation is a normal process. During this period, it is recommended to drink more fluids, take a walk in the fresh air, eat vegetables and fruits more often, avoid stress and strong emotional stress.
Lack or omission of ovulation affects menstruation. A normal pass is considered two or three times a year. From birth, a woman lays a certain number of eggs. As the reproductive function decreases, the number decreases. Monthly go, but scanty.
If ovulation is not present in the fertile age of a woman, this indicates that the reproductive system is impaired. The consequence may be infertility or the inability to bear the child. If the release of the egg does not occur for two or three months in a row, it is necessary to consult a doctor. After conducting research, the gynecologist will identify the causes of ovulatory dysfunction.
Increased estrogen levels
Pull the lower abdomen in the middle of the cycle may be due to low levels of estrogen. The activity of the uterus and the sensitivity of women are directly dependent on hormones. The maximum increase in estrogen is observed in women closer to 40 years. During this period, menstruation is accompanied by particularly strong pain.
Changes in hormonal levels cause PMS and algodimenorrhea (backache hurts, sharp pains in the lower abdomen appear). Dizziness and nausea, weakness begin. To relieve the condition, it is recommended to drink analgesics.
The appearance of pain - the main sign of high levels of prostaglandins. Because of their increase, there is a failure in the hormonal background. Accompanied by pain in the back and lower back during menstruation.
The purpose of prostaglandins is to cause uterine contractions during childbirth. Enzymes are produced in the uterus. When the follicle matures, they increase the pressure, it breaks. Therefore, in the middle of the menstrual cycle, there is cramping pain.
Gynecologists call the process ovulatory syndrome. Often accompanied by headache, palpitations, nausea, chills and vomiting.
The cause of the syndrome can be an infectious disease, causing an inflammatory process in the ovary. Its walls are compacted, the release of the egg is difficult. It takes a lot of pressure on the follicle to get the egg out. This is how vascular injury occurs.
The thyroid gland is responsible for the work and the creation of hormones in the human body. With its increase disrupted hormones. During menstruation, a woman experiences pain syndromes, insomnia appears.
Enlargement of the thyroid gland leads to disruption of the entire body. Pathological inflammatory processes occur in the uterus and vagina. Infectious and bacterial diseases, uterine fibroids, and endometriosis occur.
Use of intrauterine contraceptives
Intrauterine contraceptives can cause pain in the middle of the cycle. Pain caused by the presence of a foreign body. Also, the syndrome is sometimes provoked by the synthesis of prostaglandins.
If pain occurs frequently, it is better to abandon the intrauterine device. A visit to the doctor is required if:
- Throughout the menstruation, there is a sharp nagging pain in the abdomen and lower back.
- Pain increases and does not pass longer than 2 days.
- The syndrome is accompanied by discomfort, itching, and burning of the genitals. Urination is accompanied by sharp pains. Vaginal discharge has a strong odor.
- There was heavy bleeding during menstruation (in one hour the lining is completely filled).
- Increased temperature in the background of the inflammatory process.
The cause of pain after ovulation is pregnancy. After fertilization, the egg is attached to the wall of the uterus. During this period, pains in the lower abdomen appear, which resemble pain syndrome as in the days before menstruation. In the early stages of pregnancy, the side where the egg cell came from is in pain.
- The syndrome appears due to increased blood circulation in the uterus. With blood to the embryo receives oxygen and nutrients. But increased blood circulation increases the tone of the uterus, the result will be a spontaneous miscarriage or its threat.
- Pulling pains appear due to softening and stretching of the tissues and ligaments of the uterus. There is its increase and shift. Rapid growth occurs in the first months of pregnancy. As a rule, the syndrome disappears by the second trimester.
- The cause of the pain is increased progesterone levels. In this case, the feeling extends to the legs, back, lower back.
In order not to confuse pregnancy with disease, a woman should listen to her own body. As soon as conception took place, the organism of the future mother prepares for the birth of the child. The chest begins to grow and ache at any touch to it.
Visit to the doctor
Consultation with a doctor is necessary if the pain continues for a long time. The difficulty lies not only in ovulation and in the pathology of the pelvic organs. The stomach hurts because of diseases of the digestive tract, appendicitis and a number of other diseases.
When treating pains in the middle of the cycle, relying on depriving drugs is not worth it. Their action is aimed at relieving the symptom. If the pain appears for two or three cycles, it is time to see a gynecologist. The doctor will prescribe the necessary tests and studies.
Незамедлительный поход потребуется, если женщина обнаружила у себя один либо несколько симптомов, сопровождающих болевые ощущения: тошноту, рвоту, слабость, резкое повышение температуры, зуд и жжение половых органов.
Why after ovulation pulls the lower abdomen?
Almost every fifth woman complains that after ovulation, she has a lower abdomen and lower back. This condition in medicine is called postovulatory syndrome.
There are two reasons for postovulatory syndrome: the onset of pregnancy and illness.
If a week after ovulation pulls the lower abdomen, then it most likely indicates that the conception occurred, and the egg attached to the wall of the uterus. Also The following symptoms are in favor of pregnancy:
- the chest hurts and the lower abdomen pulls, and the breasts swell and the nipples become hypersensitive,
- pulls the lower abdomen and the selection of white, cream, pinkish or brownish shades,
- delayed menstruation,
- morning sickness and pulling the lower abdomen.
Why after conception pulls the lower abdomen? There is nothing serious here, just on the sixth or seventh day after fertilization, the egg “grows” against the wall of the uterus, causing this slight pain.
But apart from pregnancy, pulling pain in the lower abdomen can be triggered by various pathological conditions, namely:
- ovarian cyst rupture,
- inflammation of the bladder,
- appendicitis, in the event that the lower abdomen is to the right,
- inflammation of the ovaries, uterus or fallopian tubes,
- pelvic and spinal injuries,
- osteochondrosis and others.
What to do when the stomach hurts during and after ovulation?
First of all, we recommend consulting with a gynecologist and in no case do self-diagnosis and self-treatment. The doctor will carry out examinations (gynecological manual examination, examination of the vagina and cervix in the mirrors, blood test for sex hormones, microscopy of vaginal smears, ultrasound of the pelvic organs, colposcopy and others), determine the cause and, if necessary, provide treatment recommendations.
If pregnancy or any disease is absent, then you need to calm down, drink plenty of fluids, take a light painkiller (Ibuprofen, Paracetamol or Tamipul).
Also, in the case of a hormonal failure, a specialist may recommend taking oral contraceptive preparations that will suppress ovulation.
Why pulling the lower abdomen before menstruation?
The appearance of pain before menstruation is called premenstrual syndrome (PMS), which is also characterized by headaches, dizziness, irritability, tearfulness, weakness, excessive sweating, swelling of the face and extremities, bloating, nausea, breast enlargement and others.
Basically, a week before menstruation pulls the lower abdomen, but PMS can also occur immediately after ovulation or just before menstruation.
PMS can occur on the background of avitaminosis, sedentary lifestyle, chronic stress, overwork, unhealthy diet, inadequate diet, etc. Do not confuse the concept of premenstrual syndrome and algomenorrhea, which we describe below.
Why does nagging pain appear in the lower abdomen during menstruation?
Practically all women notice that during menstruation the backache hurts and pulls the lower abdomen, only some pains are insignificant and do not disturb the general condition, while others have intense pain and are accompanied by other unpleasant symptoms.
Sharp paroxysmal and nagging pains during menstruation are considered pathology and are called algomenorrhea.
Algomenorrhea has distinctive features, namely:
occurs 1-2 days before menstruation or directly during menstruation,
- severe pulling or cramping pain in the lower abdomen,
- pain radiating to the vagina or lower back,
- accompanied by general weakness, nausea, headache, dizziness, constipation or diarrhea, etc.
Most often, algodismenorrhea develops on the background of diseases of the female genital organs, difficult childbirth, abortion, surgery, stress.
For the treatment of algomenorrhea, anesthetic drugs are used (Nurofen, Tamipul, Aspirin, Paracetamol), antispasmodics (No-shpa, Riabal, Papaverine), oral contraceptive preparations, as well as physiotherapeutic methods (phonophoresis, reflexotherapy, electrophoresis) and diet.
Why pulling the lower abdomen after menstruation?
After menstruation pulls the lower abdomen for three reasons:
- hormonal imbalance (increased levels of prostaglandins in the blood,
- thyroid disease,
- diseases of the reproductive system (endometritis, salpingo-oophoritis, endometriosis and others).
Delayed menstruation pulls the lower abdomen: what could it be?
If the lower abdomen pulls, and there is no menstruation, then the woman is most likely to be congratulated, since in most cases this is a sign of pregnancy. Therefore, the first thing you need to do a pregnancy test.
On the question of why pulls the lower abdomen in early pregnancy, we will answer further.
But what does it mean when the delay of menstruation, the test is negative and pulls the lower abdomen? In this case, hormonal disruption, gynecological diseases and pathology of the organs of other systems are not excluded. Therefore, a gynecologist still needs to be consulted.
Why pulls the abdomen during pregnancy?
The following situations may occur during pregnancy:
- pulling the lower abdomen during early pregnancy almost in all women due to active blood flow to the uterus and accelerated microcirculation,
- in late periods, abdominal pains are mainly caused by the contraction of uterine muscle fibers.
On the 5th week of pregnancy recurrent nagging pains in the lower quadrant of the abdomen are associated with a tension of the ligaments and are normal. For the same reason, can pull the lower abdomen on the 6th week of pregnancy.
But if constantly pulling the lower abdomen and there are brown vaginal discharge, then this is a dangerous sign, which indicates the beginning of a spontaneous abortion and requires immediate skilled assistance.
In the later stages of pregnancy, as in the initial ones, the woman also often feels nagging pains in the abdomen. Consider the reasons for the weeks.
- 34th week of pregnancy: pulls the lower abdomen, as well as the loin, the pubic region, the crotch, the sacrum. In this case, the sensations are reminiscent of pain during menstruation. The reason for this discomfort is associated with preparation for childbirth (pressing the head to the pelvic bone, discrepancy of the pubic bones, lowering the head, training fights, etc.). Important! Regular cramping or tingling pains in the lower abdomen, which are accompanied by discharge of cork mucous membrane, release of amniotic fluid and severe abdominal ptosis, are a sign of premature labor. When such symptoms occur, you should immediately call an ambulance.
- 35th week of pregnancy pulling pain in the lower abdomen is also a normal condition, which indicates preparation for the upcoming labor. But if on the 35th week of pregnancy symptoms of preterm labor appear, an ambulance should be called immediately. You also need to do if you start to pull the lower abdomen at the 36-37th week of pregnancy.
- At 38 weeks pulling the lower abdomen, lowered belly, moved mucous plug and water - these are signs of the opening of the cervix, it's time to get ready for the hospital. But you need to know that at the 38th week of pregnancy, nagging pain in the lower abdomen can be caused by pathological conditions. A timely visit to the gynecologist will accurately determine the cause of such pain and avoid serious consequences for the woman and child.
- For the same reasons pulling the lower abdomen in the 39th week of pregnancy or in the 40th week of pregnancy. Therefore, you need to be attentive to your feelings and be sure to report them to the obstetrician-gynecologist.
Why can pull the lower abdomen after childbirth?
Causes of pain in the lower abdomen can be:
- contraction of the uterus during the application of the child to the breast, which is the norm
- Caesarean section (pain in the suture area),
- inflammation of the mucous layer of the uterus,
- inflammation of the appendages,
- placental polyp,
- intestinal diseases and others.
Why after sex pulls the lower abdomen?
This problem is faced by the majority of women, but not everyone turns to a specialist. Morbidity after a sexual act may appear for reasons such as:
rupture of the hymen during the first sexual intercourse,
- vaginismus, which arises from the fear of sexual intercourse,
- vaginitis - inflammation of the vaginal mucosa of a different nature,
- adhesions, which was formed after surgery on the pelvis or on the background of chronic inflammation,
- birth trauma during childbirth,
- sexually transmitted diseases that develop after unprotected sex,
- blood stasis in the pelvic venous apparatus,
- nerve inflammation
- incompatibility of partners
- insufficiency of vaginal lubrication and others.
Pulls the lower abdomen in a man: reasons
Most often, men pull the lower abdomen with inflammation of the seminal vesicles, inflammation and prostate cancer.
On both sides of the prostate gland are the seminal vesicles, the inflammation of which is characterized by a pulling pain over the pubis and in the groin. Pain increases after intercourse or when the bladder is full.
With inflammation of the prostate gland (prostatitis), it can be either in the perineum or in the suprapubic area. In addition, pain is given in the lower back.
In the initial stages, prostate cancer practically does not show itself. Symptoms appear already in the later stages of the disease. Malignant neoplasm of the prostate gland in most cases is manifested by severe pain of a pulling nature, which is similar to the attack of sciatica.
As you can see, there are many causes of pain in the lower abdomen. In some cases, such sensations are the norm, and in others - they signal health problems. An experienced expert opinion will help determine the cause and, if necessary, eliminate it.