Herpes before the menstrual lips may also appear on the genital lips due to a complex cyclic complex of symptoms that occurs in some women in the premenstrual days.
The accompanying symptoms (fatigue, craving for sleep) contribute to the fact that the woman / girl leads a rather passive lifestyle and tries to spend as much time as possible at home, which in turn leads to a lack of oxygen, and this goes to please the virus.
Features of menstruation
In adolescence, girls appear first menstruation. On average, the menstrual cycle lasts about 28 days. During menstruation, the endometrium is rejected in the female body, which is a sign that the fertilization of the egg has not taken place.
The absence of menstruation in most cases speaks of the onset of pregnancy, and only in rare cases is this a sign of a disease. Menstruation lasts about 3-7 days.
Menopause in the weaker sex occurs between 45 and 55 years of age, but there are cases in medicine when women at the age of 70 had a regular menstrual cycle.
With the onset of each menstruation, many women face a number of problems:
- pain in the abdomen,
- mood swings
- hypersensitivity, emotionality and irritability, fatigue,
- sleepiness and so on.
Some women in the period of critical days do not experience any discomfort and lead an everyday life. There is also a group of women encountering herpes that occur on the threshold of menstruation.
What is herpes?
There is a popular belief that herpes is just a disgusting lip disease that does not pose any serious danger and threat to life and health.
Herpes is a viral disease manifested in the form of bubbles filled with fluid. After a certain time period, they burst, and a crust appears in their place.
Most often, the bubbles are formed near the lips or on the mucous membrane, but they can also be located on the genitals. In this case, it is customary to speak of genital or in other words menstrual herpes.
Herpes virus is divided into two types:
- HSV-I (herpes simplex virus): infection occurs through a household contact (using one plate with an already infected person, when touching saliva with skin, etc.), it is characterized by frequent relapses
- HSV-II: infection occurs during intimate contact with an already infected partner, relapses are extremely rare.
Basically, both viruses live in the body, even healthy people in a passive state. Under certain circumstances and suitable conditions, the virus enters an active state with all its attendant symptoms.
Genital herpes is a fairly serious disease that, if not properly treated, can adversely affect a woman’s health.
Pathogens choose victims with a weakened body, and the herpes virus is no exception. This fact explains why herpes appears before menstruation.
A couple of days before the onset of menstruation, the defenses of the female body are aimed at the full development of the internal mucous membrane of the uterus, the growth of new cells and the birth of a new life.
All this is accompanied by an increase in the level of some hormones and a decrease in the number of others. Unfortunately, the above processes do not always go smoothly and as described in medical benefits, that is, in some cases hormonal disorders occur, which can lead to the activity of a previously passive herpes virus.
Hormonal failure is accompanied by the appearance of causes of herpes:
- hyperthermia and hyperthermia (during this period, the female body reacts more acutely to changes in temperature),
- lack of vitamins (on ordinary days they are spent on hormonal processes, and not on the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms).
The state of increased tension and nervous breakdowns, which often occur in the premenstrual period, also contribute to the formation of herpes in the mouth area.
How does it appear and why does it occur?
Not always signs of menstrual herpes are pronounced. Often it appears only in the form of redness, temperature increase. In this case, the disease can be recognized using special diagnostic methods.
Specific symptoms of the disease include:
- itching and swelling in the intimate area,
- characteristic vesicles and sores.
Herpes virus before critical days may occur in the vagina and in the lower segment of the uterus. During this period of time, the mucous surface of the intimate organs is more vulnerable to the penetration of pathogens than in a different period of time.
This is due to hormonal problems during this period of time, which in turn leads to a weakening of the immune system.
Possible causes of menstrual herpes include:
- deviation from the rules of intimate hygiene,
- wearing narrow synthetic underwear, it contributes to impaired blood circulation and insufficient oxygen supply. The lack of oxygen has a beneficial effect on the further reproduction of bacteria, viruses, and so on.
- unhealthy food: a few days before menstruating women have a need and desire to feast on sweets or salty dishes, while forgetting about fresh food. This can lead to a lack of vitamins. Excess sugar and salt leads to swelling of tissues, which is characteristic of viruses. Similar actions in the body launches and strict restrictions on food.
Often, herpes affects the anus, to provoke its appearance in such a place can the following factors:
- weak immunity,
- excessive stress
- lack of vitamins and nutrients
Herpes during menstruation causes a lot of unpleasant sensations, so menstruation is even more painful.
Reason for reappearance
If herpes during menstruation appears not once, but quite often and systematically, then you need to contact a specialist. Frequent relapses are a sign that pathological changes and disorders are not only in the urinary system of the female body.
It is necessary to check the organs / glands that produce hormones, pass the tests prescribed by the doctor. If time does not begin treatment, there may be a number of undesirable complications until the occurrence of malignant tumors.
Herpes can also be a sign of other diseases and infections, such as HIV and STDs.
Menstrual blood forms an ideal environment for the herpes virus for its subsequent development and reproduction, therefore, in the presence of this disease it is forbidden to use tampons. Their use can lead to the advancement of infection to other places (for example, from the vagina to the lower segment of the uterus)
Menstruation and herpes
Women's days on the background of herpes may acquire a completely different character than usual. This can be expressed in the form of more intense pain, a decrease in progesterone levels, and so on.
If herpes is a sign of another disease, then an increase in the amount of secretions, the development of anemia, and an increase in the level of estrogens are not rarely observed.
Between menstruation, the herpes virus can also be activated. The reasons for this phenomenon are identical to the reasons for the appearance of herpes before the women's days. Additional factors include an allergic reaction to intimate hygiene products.
When menstrual herpes appears, you should consult a doctor who can prescribe an individual treatment.
Often prescribed medications that adversely affect the virus itself. These funds can be both for external (spray, ointment, cream) and for oral (tablets) use.
These drugs have a number of contraindications. The main prohibitions include allergies to the components that make up.
To improve the immune system, patients are often recommended to take vitamin preparations. Also during treatment, it is recommended to maintain a healthy life-style, to eat properly, to be in the open air more often, to suspend intimate life for the duration of the treatment.
In certain cases, hormone preparations are prescribed.
Doctors distinguish several stages of the psychological reaction of patients to the disease that has arisen in them (including herpes). Many women consider this disease shameful. They feel remorse, depressed.
The following phases are distinguished:
- The denial phase can last up to several weeks.. At this stage, patients can not believe the reality of what is happening. This stage of the psychological reaction to the disease is characterized by a lack of appetite, sleep problems, weight loss, headaches, and so on.
- The fight / search / despair phase can last from 3 weeks to 2-3 months. Patients begin to look for a miracle cure for the disease. They read medical literature, turning to alternative medicine. Also in this stage, patients experience a sense of shame, discontent, they blame themselves for the situation. The patient begins to move away from the people around him, withdraws into himself, conflicts arise with other people.
- The second phase moves smoothly to the next phase of reconciliation. The patient becomes accustomed to the thought of the disease, begins to think reasonably, is engaged in treatment. At this stage, many find themselves in religion.
As a preventive measure it is necessary:
- avoid sexual intercourse with strangers
- use condoms
- strengthen immunity (exercise, eat right, lead a healthy lifestyle),
- refuse to wear narrow and synthetic underwear,
- follow the rules of intimate hygiene,
- take walks in the fresh air
- regularly visit a female doctor,
- time to treat sexually transmitted diseases.
Women very often face diseases related to the reproductive system. Any abnormalities and abnormalities in the urinary organs should be taken seriously.
Indeed, often such diseases can lead to a number of undesirable complications, infertility and cancer are the most deplorable for women.
An important condition for successful treatment and prevention of recurrence is, of course, the strengthening of immunity. Even if a woman drinks a course of antiviral medication, but continues to lead an unhealthy lifestyle, the risk of relapse will be very high.
Observe the following guidelines:
- Eat well. Prohibited starvation diets, any unbalanced diet. You need to eat 5-6 times a day. At least 3 servings of vegetables and fruits per day, a sufficient amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates are introduced into the diet.
- It is necessary to do sports, do exercises every day. Sport improves blood circulation, allowing immune cells to move faster to the focus of inflammation and suppress the virus in its early stages.
- Eliminate alcohol and smoking. These substances cause a spasm of blood vessels, impair blood circulation in the whole body, do not allow immune cells to be quickly transported to the foci of inflammation.
- Avoid promiscuous intercourse, protect with a condom.
A healthy lifestyle will help not only prevent herpes relapse, but also reduce the risk of many pathologies, including even oncology.
Causes of rash
During the period of critical days, the activity of protective functions decreases. This is due to hormonal changes occurring in the body. As a result, favorable conditions are created for the activation of the virus.
Manifestation of herpes before menstruation under the influence of the following factors:
- exposure to stress
- hypothermia or severe overheating,
- lack of vitamins
- neglect of personal hygiene,
- wearing underwear made from synthetic materials.
As a result of the activation of the virus in women inside the vagina and on the external genital organs, a rash appears.
Symptoms of Menstrual Herpes
Herpes on the genital lips often appears in the regulatory period. The following clinical manifestations are observed:
- burning, itching in the genital lips,
- pain or discomfort during urination,
- appearance of bubbles filled with liquid in the intimate zone.
In addition, a cycle violation may occur due to virus activation.
Itching in the intimate area of women may also indicate other diseases, therefore we recommend that you read more detailed information on this topic.
Herpes during menstruation
Activation of the virus signals a weakened immune system. The rash initially delivers only minor discomfort, but when in contact with bleeding, the pain increases significantly. In addition, there are difficulties with urination, there is swelling of the tissues and itching. The volume of blood loss often increases.
In order not to aggravate the situation, it is recommended to abandon the use of tampons and strictly follow the rules of intimate hygiene. When choosing gaskets, preference should be given to the hypoallergenic option, since in some cases allergy to gaskets occurs.
The monthly cycle may be lost. Regulles at the same time become longer.
The flow of menstruation with herpes
The virus is able to affect the nerve endings, as a result of which an aggravation of pain is observed. Bleeding becomes abundant in nature and is tolerated by a woman much more difficult due to the deterioration of the general condition. This is due to the fact that all forces go into the fight against infection.
In addition, against the background of virus activation, hormonal changes often occur in the body. Intensive production of prostaglandins contributes to increased pain. Regulators may appear earlier and later. Herpes blisters cause discomfort, which is aggravated by contact with the blood rash.
In the absence of proper therapy or an incorrectly chosen treatment strategy, a herpes infection can lead to serious complications. As a result of viral activity, the immune system is inhibited, frequent recurrences of the disease are observed. At the same time, hormonal fluctuations occur, the cycle is broken, the regulators arrive late. Fragility of blood vessels due to lack of vitamin C is noted.
Dark vaginal discharge and heavy bleeding appear. Significant blood loss entails anemia.
Mucous genitalia swell. The infection gradually spreads to other organs. With the defeat of the urethra develop cystitis and urethritis. It is also possible the accession of a bacterial infection. Chronic pathology sometimes causes cell mutation and the development of cancer.
Due to the fact that as a result of the activation of the herpes virus, serious complications can develop, up to cervical cancer, it cannot be ignored. In order to suppress the activity of infection, the following means are used:
In the case of co-infections, the therapy is carried out comprehensively. The following drugs are used:
- Interferon alfa-2b. The drug has antiviral, immunomodulatory and antibacterial properties,
- Taurine. It has antioxidant, regenerating and anti-inflammatory effects,
- Benzocaine. Relieves pain,
- Epigen Spray Sex. The tool has a local effect and has immunomodulatory and antiviral effects.
In the fight against rash used the following ointment:
Additionally, drugs containing vitamins B and C are prescribed. Etamzilat, Tranexam or Vikasol are used in the fight against heavy menstruation.
In addition, during treatment it is recommended to exclude sexual acts or use barrier contraceptives during sex.
Menstrual herpes can give a woman a lot of problems. When the first symptoms appear, you should immediately consult a doctor. Only the right therapy will help minimize the risk of recurrence.